The club is a registered charity and has a long history dating back to 1859. In the 1920’s the Rev. Hillgrove Cox purchased the property known as High Street House and placed it in trust for the benefit of the residents of Watlington, originally as the “War Memorial Club”.
In the 1970’s the members set about improving and updating the facilities and it was also reconstituted in the 1970’s as a sports and social charitable institution. It currently supports sections playing bowls, tennis and squash and is home to the British Legion, Town Band and Scouts.
The main building houses the new hall, Georgian room lounge, club’s bar and offices. In the Club’s grounds are three all weather tennis courts with floodlighting, bowling green and pavilion, and squash courts with shower and changing block.